Hi,

I do remember there was a discussion about this in the user mailing list
some time ago. The problem with your statement is that it uses subselects,
which is not (yet ???) supported in torque (contributions are welcome). One
solution was to manually create a view in the database, declare it in the
project-schema.xml, run the generator to create the sql script which
creates your tables, edit it manually to remove the sql statements  which
would interfere with your manually created view, and use the edited sql
sript to create the tables.
This may not be a solution if your sql is very dynamic. I have never used
BasePeer.executeQuery(sqlString) myself, but I suspect that some
preprocessing of the criteria object is necessary. However, your error
sounds if there is some mistake in your Torque configuration. Are you able
to do a simple table read using Torque ?

     Thomas

"Pritam Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 12.11.2004 15:27:43:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following sql statement whose equivalent i need to
> generated using Criteria settings to fetch the results:
>
> [THIS SQL Query works well in SQL Server and Query explorer - to
> fetch 8 records]
> SELECT       PME_EmpInfo.EMPLOYEEID,
>       PME_EmpInfo.FIRSTNAME,
>       PME_EmpInfo.LASTNAME,
>       PME_EmpInfo.SUPERVISORID,
>       PME_EmpInfo.DEPTNO,
>       PME_EmpInfo.DEPTNAME,
>          (SELECT    (empinner.FirstName + ' ' + empinner.LastName)
>            FROM       PME_EmpInfo empinner
>            WHERE    PME_EmpInfo.SUPERVISORID = empinner.EmployeeID)
> AS SupervisorName,
>          (SELECT    phaseinner.PhaseName
>            FROM       PME_Phase phaseinner
>            WHERE    PME_Main.CURRENTPHASEID = phaseinner.PhaseID)
ASPhaseName

> FROM       PME_EmpInfo INNER JOIN
>       PME_Main ON PME_EmpInfo.EMPLOYEEID = PME_Main.EMPLOYEEID INNER JOIN

>       PME_Phase ON PME_Main.CURRENTPHASEID = PME_Phase.PHASEID
> WHERE       (PME_Main.CURRENTSTATUSID='7') AND
(PME_EmpInfo.DEPTNO='11080')