Hi,

this error occurs if one does not create a correct project.properties file
in the root of the generator directory. Take the project.properties from
the tutorial, put it where the tutorial says, and run "maven torque" from
the base directory of the generator. In particular, you have to provide a
valid value of the  torque.database property.

I got the sample project up and running when I did exactly what the
tutorial said. Please do not change too much at the beginning, start as the
tutorial says and change one thing at a time after you got it running.

    Thomas

Richard Bayet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 21.02.2005 20:47:00:

> The tutorial is a trap.
> People don't find it helpfull. They come here. They're doomed.
>
> Anyway, the db.props is a property file containing (I quote, I'm not
> sure at all of what I'm saying) "Database-specific properties", so it's
> kind of the same thing as the old "build.properties" of torque 3.1
>
> I've just had a look at the CVS, and you might find examples in the
> generator templates (look for something like
> templates/sql/base/(mysql|db2|...)/db.props).
>
> You might have to download the generator binaries (well you had to, in
> torque 3.1).
>
> Doomed.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > The tutorial was no help at all.  First of all it doesn't tell you
where
> > to put the files that you create when configuring torque.  Running
maven
> > seems will give you clues after many errors.  But then once I got the
> > files where they should be I get this error on the velocity log:
> >
> > Database-specific properties file does not exist:
> > /Users/pauldecoursey/Projects/Marmoset/sql/base/db.props
> > org.apache.torque.engine.EngineException: Database-specific properties
> > file does not exist:
> > /Users/pauldecoursey/Projects/Marmoset/sql/base/db.props
> >         at
> > org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.AppData.
> getIdiosyncrasies(AppData.java:145)
> >         at
> > org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.Database.
> getProperty(Database.java:335)
> >         at
> > and a bunch more.
> >
> > Of course it won't find that file, I don't have that and it isn't in
any
> > of the downloads.  I've even tried using 3.1 and building it with ANT,
but
> > that gives me all kinds of other errors about classes missing things
here
> > and there.
> >
> > I'd really like to be able to use torque, I'm am not a database admin,
I'm