Greg Monroe wrote:
> log4j statements in the Torque.properties have never
> worked for me.. try creating a separate log4j.properties
> file in the class path.  It generates tons of output
> for me under Tomcat.

Under resin I placed your statements in WEB-INF/ , right next
to the torque.properties.  Nothing happened.  Was that the right place?

> Can you be more specific as to exactly what changed?
>
> E.g. update to different DB, move the DB, updated
> Resin, change to new kernel, and the like...

This is a backup server.

I dropped the old (out of date) DB tables (two of them).
And mysqldump/restore'ed fresh ones.
Verifying the table type is still InnoDB (moving InnoDB tables is a pain).
That's it.

Then I messed with grant tables because it was not working, but to no
effect.
It is possible the old tables were owned by  DB user "root", but the new
ones
were definitely created as user "xxx" matching the torque.properties and
resin.conf DB connection strings.  Every possible mysql test has been done.
> What differences were there between the original Torque
> properties and the one that did work.

None.
No changes whatsoever to the entire application tree, save two IP
addresses for Apache
(which contains resin).  That part works great.