Thank you very much for the information, Thomas.
I will give it a try.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Fischer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 11:55 PM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: Re: unique constraint violation

Hi Alex,

I have no experience at all with Torque 3.0, so everything I say here is
true for Torque 3.1+ and might not be applicable for 3.0.
The IdMethod "native" is using the database's own mechanism for generating
ids (sequences in the case of oracle), but the IdBroker is a
Torque-specific mechanism based on a table, which works for all databases.
You specify it by setting the defaultIdMethod attribute to "native" in the
database tag of your schema.xml. Please check the  appropriate dtd to see
whether this is the case for oracle. Afterwards, you need to regenerate the
om classes and execute the sql script (at the very minimum the statements
which create the sequences).

    Thomas