On Sat, March 18, 2006 2:04 am, Kintzel Levente said:
> I'm using Torque 3.0.2. and Postgre SQL 7.48. The security part of my
> application is based on TurbineSecurity Service.
>
> But from time to time I receive some exception:
>
> com.workingdogs.village.DataSetException: Bad conversion:
> java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: blabla
>
> The same error occurs if I want to save an user.
>
> I read the Postgres How-To doc. I downloaded the latest jdbc driver source
> from CVS, I tried to run the patch. But it fails, because the content is
> different from what the patch expected. And with the new compiled driver,
> the problem still appears.
>
> Has anybody a correct version (patched) driver for this problem. Can
> somebody sent it to me. Or there are other solutions?
>
> If nobody has an idea I must migrate the database to mysql.

If the string it is having trouble with is "NaN" or "Infinity" then i have
a patch to Village to solve that (it makes NaN insert NULL in the database
and retriving NULL gives NaN instead of 0).  If it really is "blabla",
then perhaps you have one of the fields in project-schema.xml marked as a
string when it really is a integer in the database?

PostgreSQL does support NaN in the database, but it must be sent as 'NaN'
instead of NaN, which is what the JDBC driver sends it as (as it just does
.toString() on the value).  I have reported this bug to the PostgreSQL
mailing list, but it has yet to be fixed.

Neither MySQL or Microsoft SQl Server support NaN properly via JDBC
either, hence my patching Village to work around the problem.

Regards,

       Jon