Recently Thomas F. pointed me to Betwixted as a good XML import/export
tool.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/betwixt/

I liked it. But to do what I wanted, it needed a different DTD than
Torque
currently produces and a <betwixt-config> file to make the XML more
readable,
typo friendly, and work directly with the OM classes (as opposed to
Beans
only).

Rather than manually creating and try to keep them in sync with my
schema,
I'm working on some Generator templates that will create a Betwixt Multi

Mapping Document (<betwixt-config>) file (
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/betwixt/guide/binding.html#Multi_Mappi
ng_Document_Format
) and a matching DTD from the Torque Schema XML. These will be tied to
the
datadtd task and only be done if an optional build property flag is set.

This would make it very simple to use Betwixt to import/export data
to/from
any record object in your schema.  Here's a sample of what the generated

XML will look like.

<!DOCTYPE dataset SYSTEM "bookstore-betwixt.dtd">
<dataset name="bookstore">
   <user>
      <id>1</id>
      <userName>admin</userName>
      <password>secret</password>
   </user>
   <role>
      <id>1</id>
      <name>Admin</name>
      <userName>admin</userName>
   </role>
</dataset>

Is there any interest in including this as a new Torque feature?

Greg
Greg Monroe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (919)680-5050
C&IS Solutions Team Lead
Duke Corporate Education, Inc.
333 Liggett St.
Durham, NC 27701

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and
are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient you may not rely on the contents of this
email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please not read, copy or
retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email,
its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized
prohibited.