I happened across this interesting Eclipse editor
plug in:

http://velocitywebedit.sourceforge.net/

It make editing Torque templates much nicer.  The
editor does syntax coloring, basic lexical syntax
checking, and some code/variable completion
functions.

The downsides I've seen are the syntax checking
can be "quirky". E.g. sometimes gets confused when
#end statements are moved around and you need to
"touch" the matching #if / #foreach statement. But
it's still much faster than doing multiple builds
to fix syntax errors.

Code completion doesn't know "set" (but syntax does).

Doesn't do tab to space replacement.

Install/documentation is non-existant.  But to install
just copy the com.hudson.velocityweb_1.0.8 directory
in the zip file to your Eclipse plugin directory and
then restart Eclipse.
Greg Monroe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (919)680-5050
C&IS Solutions Team Lead
Duke Corporate Education, Inc.
333 Liggett St.
Durham, NC 27701

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and
are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient you may not rely on the contents of this
email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please not read, copy or
retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email,
its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized
prohibited.