Hello Greg,

We are using MS-SQL but the query is not the problem. This query "SELECT 1" is never called, is is not reaching the
SQL Server (we see this with the Profiler started)
   What happens is that upon Torque.init these 2 properties:

torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.bookstore.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1

are not correctly passed to the underlying connection pool, in this case:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource
Can anybody confirm that he has successful validation and fail over in case of a DB restart
with Torque3.2 with any DB? Strange is that with Torque 3.1 it was working.

  So I'm looking for a workaround to somehow get my hands on the Datasource
object
(org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource) and set these properties by hand.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,
Andras

Greg Monroe wrote:
What DB server are you using?  It sounds like this server
simply does not support a "SELECT 1" query statement. Try this from your DB isql, mysql, whatever script tool.

If this is the case, then you'll need to figure out a table-less query to replace the "SELECT 1" or a slightly less efficient / generic, select from a table that will return something (might need to be a 1).