Certainly for Sybase it's set via the database itself.
It's independent of Torque.
We moved to UTF-8 to avoid charset issues.

Joe

On 06/09/06, Thomas Fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I do not know of a feature of Torque that allows setting the encoding of
characters sent to the database. I would expect one would have to set that
inside the  database driver. Did you check the Mysql Driver documentation
?

    Thomas