Hello,

  One thing that I have found very useful in complex queries is to bypass the
Criteria objects.
  All you have to do is to write the SQL query, execute it using
BasePeer.executeQuery() to get a List of Records and then create a list of
persistent objects using the populateObjects of the corresponding Peer class.
  In this case, you can use:

String query = "SELECT DISTINCT * FROM kundenadresse WHERE kundenadress_id
    NOT IN (SELECT kundenadress_id FROM adressenreferenz)";
List kundenadresses =
    KundenadressePeer.populateObjects(BasePeer.executeQuery(query));

  It works fine if you have a query of the form: "select * from foo...", ie you
select all the columns of a single table. I don't have the source code handy to
check if this query would work (my feeling is that this would work also):

  String query = "SELECT * FROM FOO f, BAR b WHERE f.b = b.f AND ...";
  List list = FooPeer.populateObjects(BasePeer.executeQuery(query));

Enjoy,
Antonis