Here's the basics for this step...

Before running "maven torque" in project directory:

project
|   project.properties

+---src
    +---java
    +---schema
            bookstore-schema.xml
            id-table-schema.xml

After running "maven torque" project directory:

project
|   project.properties
|   velocity.log

+---src
|   +---java
|   |   |   report.bookstore.om.generation
|   |   |
|   |   +---my
|   |   |   +---torque
|   |   |       +---om
|   |   |           |   Author.java
|   |   |           |   AuthorPeer.java
|   |   |           |   BaseAuthor.java
|   |   |           |   BaseAuthorPeer.java
|   |   |           |   BaseBook.java
|   |   |           |   BaseBookPeer.java
|   |   |           |   BasePublisher.java
|   |   |           |   BasePublisherPeer.java
|   |   |           |   Book.java
|   |   |           |   BookPeer.java
|   |   |           |   Publisher.java
|   |   |           |   PublisherPeer.java
|   |   |           |
|   |   |           +---map
|   |   |                   AuthorMapBuilder.java
|   |   |                   BookMapBuilder.java
|   |   |                   BookstoreMapInit.java
|   |   |                   PublisherMapBuilder.java
|   |   |
|   |   +---org
|   |       +---apache
|   |           +---torque
|   |               +---linkage
|   |                       BookstoreMapInit.java
|   |
|   +---schema
|           bookstore-schema.xml
|           id-table-schema.xml

+---target
    +---sql
            bookstore-schema.sql
            id-table-schema.sql
            report.bookstore.sql.generation
            sqldb.map

project.properties:
# The name of the project Torque will generate code for.
torque.project = bookstore

# The target database platform.
torque.database = mssql

# The target package to put the generated classes in.
torque.targetPackage = my.torque.om

# The JDBC URL that Torque can use to create and
# drop databases if instructed to do so.
torque.database.createUrl = jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/mysql

# The JDBC URL that will be used to create tables in your database.
torque.database.buildUrl = jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/bookstore

# The JDBC URL that will be used to access your database.
torque.database.url = jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/bookstore

# The JDBC database driver to use when connecting to your database.
torque.database.driver = org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

# The administrative username that has sufficient privileges to create
# and drop databases and tables that Torque executes at generation time.
torque.database.user = adminuser

# The administrative password for the supplied username.
torque.database.password = adminpassword

Contents of bookstore-schema.xml
<!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM
 "http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_2.dtd";>

<database
  name="bookstore"
  defaultIdMethod="idbroker">

    <column
      name="publisher_id"
      required="true"
      primaryKey="true"
      type="INTEGER"
      description="Publisher Id"/>
    <column
      name="name"
      required="true"
      type="VARCHAR"
      size="128"
      description="Publisher Name"/>
    <column
      name="author_id"
      required="true"
      primaryKey="true"
      type="INTEGER"
      description="Author Id"/>
    <column
      name="first_name"
      required="true"
      type="VARCHAR"
      size="128"
      description="First Name"/>
    <column
      name="last_name"
      required="true"
      type="VARCHAR"
      size="128"
      description="Last Name"/>
    <column
      name="book_id"
      required="true"
      primaryKey="true"
      type="INTEGER"
      description="Book Id"/>
    <column
      name="title"
      required="true"
      type="VARCHAR"
      size="255"
      description="Book Title"/>
    <column
      name="isbn"
      required="true"
      type="VARCHAR"
      size="24"
      javaName="ISBN"
      description="ISBN Number"/>
    <column
      name="publisher_id"
      required="true"
      type="INTEGER"
      description="Foreign Key Publisher"/>
    <column
      name="author_id"
      required="true"
      type="INTEGER"
      description="Foreign Key Author"/>
    <foreign-key foreignTable="publisher">
      <reference
        local="publisher_id"
        foreign="publisher_id"/>
    </foreign-key>
    <foreign-key foreignTable="author">
      <reference
        local="author_id"
        foreign="author_id"/>
    </foreign-key>
</database>

Contents of id-table-schema.xml
<!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM
 "http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_2.dtd";>

<database name="bookstore">
    <column
      name="ID_TABLE_ID"
      required="true"
      primaryKey="true"
      type="INTEGER"/>
    <column
      name="TABLE_NAME"
      required="true"
      size="255"
      type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column
      name="NEXT_ID"
      type="INTEGER"/>
    <column
      name="QUANTITY"
      type="INTEGER"/>
    <unique>
      <unique-column name="TABLE_NAME"/>
    </unique>
</database>

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and
are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient you may not rely on the contents of this
email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please not read, copy or
retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email,
its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized
prohibited.