Hi Thomas, hi Greg,
thanks for your quick answer.

For future purpose I will have a look at
DdlUtils and on the torque-addons
both is very interesting...
but for now I quick fixed the TorqueDataDumpTask.java TableTool
like this:
        public String get(String columnName)
        {
            try
            {
                return (rs.getString(columnName));
            }
            catch (Exception se)
            {
                log("Exception fetching value " + columnName + ": "
                        + se.getMessage(), Project.MSG_ERR);
                if (getDatabaseDriver().contains("Oracle")) {
                    log("A Oracle DB.", Project.MSG_INFO);
                    log("Try to fix this.", Project.MSG_INFO);
                    int columnNo;
                    ResultSetMetaData rsMetaData;
                    try {
                        columnNo = rs.findColumn(columnName);
                        rsMetaData = rs.getMetaData();
                        if
(rsMetaData.getColumnTypeName(columnNo).equalsIgnoreCase("timestamp")) {
                            log("The String representation of that timestamp :
" +
                                    rs.getTimestamp(columnName).toString());
                            return rs.getTimestamp(columnName).toString();
                        } else {
                            log("Not able to fix column type : " +
rsMetaData.getColumnTypeName(columnNo));
                        }
                    } catch (SQLException ex) {
                        log("Exception fetching value " + columnName + ": "
                        + ex.getMessage(), Project.MSG_ERR);
                    }
                }
            }
            return null;
        }

not very nice (specially getDatabaseDriver().contains("Oracle") in hope the
driver name will always contains Oracle ;-(
) but it works fine and fixes the issue with oracle timestamp.
But after that I run into other problems with booleanchar and date/datetime
because on the java side there is boolean in
oracle it gets to char represented with Y or N and the datadump doesn't know
anything about the former boolean and gives
back an character (without ") so inserting this into mysql will fail...
I quick fixed this in a similar way, but this is to dark to tell ;-)

In future I will use the tool you mentioned.

Thanks a lot

regards,
Markus

Greg Monroe schrieb:
> FYI - There is also an XML import/export runtime add-on
> for the 3.3 version that's in RC1 stage (very stable).
>
> This lets you import and export from your application
> rather than via ant/maven.  See:
>
> http://torque-addons.sourceforge.net

/**