Hi Daniel,

afaik it is neither the job of a ORM-tool nor is it possible at all to secure
such a layer against
SQL-injection. Torque does explicitly allow the usage of custom SQL. Hence some
kind of SQL-injection
is a real feature (in terms of extensibility and flexibility) in an ORM-tool
and not really a vulnerability.
I think the caller respectively the used DAO-Layer has to do the job to prevent
unwanted SQL-injection.

So to answer your question: It is known that is it possible to do SQL-injection
with Torque. The used
Criteria-Class does not contain any logic to check for additional (injected)
SQL-statements.
And to be honest: I'm happy with that, because if it is really neccessary, we can do a
lot of "sql-tricks" with Torque
without switching to raw SQL completely :-)

cheers
Michael

Vitzethum, Daniel schrieb:
Hello all,

is anything known about the vulnerability of Torque (versions 3.1 / 3.2)
regarding SQL injection? One of our customers wants to know if anything
has to be done to make Torque resistant against attacks of this kind...

Many thanks in advance,

Daniel