Take a look at the Apache DB subproject DDLUTILS. The API docs at

http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/api-usage.html#Changing+a+database

seem to indicate it will do what you want.  Plus they use
the same XML format as Torque does.

If that won't work, I know there are several fairly low cost
commercial tools that will do this for different DBs. I have
used one (I think it was DBSolo) for MS SQL that
generated a nice script you could run to update a DB SCHEMA.

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.