You might be able to do this using custom criteria instead
of a join. See details in the "Reading from the DB" section
of the Runtime Reference.  I'd suggest constructing the
string using the Peer static variables for greatest protection
from table modification.

You may also need to add the extra tables via an addAlias
or other method as well.

As an aside, you might want to consider the long term
"readability / maintenance" side of design. CPU cycles
are no longer precious items to be miserly with by
developing complex single queries, which often come back
to bite you when data condition not tested for are
encountered.

Doing things with easily understandable multiple queries
often doesn't take more time than a single complex query
that doesn't have indices optimized for it.  And if
future changes or fixes are needed, they can be done
faster since the logic is clear.

Of course, that depends on your needs. e.g., this query is
being called VERY frequently (e.g. multiple times on a home
page) then go for it.

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.