On 07 Jul 2010, at 4:43 PM, Greg Monroe wrote:

Torque has been using Village pretty much since day 1.. and AFAIK the
Village has been using metadata as long. If you didn't have performance
problems before, it's probably a JDBC version problem.

I've just methodically tried the postgresql 8.4 jdbc4 driver, then 8.4 jdbc3, then 8.3 jdbc4, and 8.3 jdbc3, then finally 8.2 jdbc4, and all of them cause a storm of metadata queries (I have a database with many tables, and many relationships between tables).

I am beginning to suspect that the problem was introduced when torque was changed from v3.2 to v3.3.

Regards,
Graham