Hi,
I have set up Torque-2.4.3 (Server, MOM and Sched) on a single node, 16core AMD
machine for scientific calculations, with Ubuntu 10.10installed. The machine
has a permanent ip address within a universitynetwork. It is accessed to by
ssh. I finally managed to get the qsub towork (but for some reason *.txt files
generated by software ends up at$HOME and not in $PBS_O_WORKDIR! any ideas?),
but email notificationwill not work. My ./configure was following:
$ ./configure --disable-gcc-warnings --with-server-home=/var/spool/pbs/
--with-sendmail=mail
followed by
$ make -j 16
and
$ sudo make install

I have mailx installed configured to use university outgoingsmpt-domain and
following command make me receive a testmail in mymailbox:
$ mail -s 'test message' xxxx.x...@xxx.se < /dev/null

I don't even know where to see if torque tried to send mail at all.
Obviously I use the -m flag and set a mail using -M. But no luck.

Any ideas?

Dr. Jakob Blomquist
IMP, School of Technology
Malmo University