I forgot about the HTML filter this group uses… pardon the crappy formatting.
Here is a text-only version:

Our code base is heavily invested in some of the functionality removed from
torque 4.0 and I was wondering if any one had some advice on a migration path:

        1. We make extensive use of village records obtained via
BasePeer.doSelect(Criteria), for example. Those results could probably be
considered a view of the data and I am wondering if that would be the
correct/recommended/best approach.

        2. We have added our own caching implementation (configurable via the
schema definition) to the Object.vm and Peer.vm templates. I have read through
the new generator documentation and the customization part of the OR Mapping
Reference
(https://db.apache.org/torque/torque-4.0/documentation/orm-reference/customizing-generation.html)
 but I don’t seem to be able to find the relevant information to put it all
together. Basically, I would like to override one or more templates. I think I
know how to specify that in an outlet, but do I also need the control
configuration in the conf directory? The maven plugin (we use maven) has
configuration parameters for overrideConfigDir and overrideConfigPackage… do I
need to set those?

        3. This is more of a maven question, maybe, alas I have the feeling it
isn’t actually possible to implement through it, but is there a way to skip the
code generation steps if the schema sources have not changed?

        4. I know how to configure logging for the generator, but the switch
between loglevel WARN and INFO is quite severe. Is there a way to log at INFO
level but only to a file, not to the console? We use log4j throughout our
project.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice and pointers!

cheers,
h.