2009/6/9 Steve Borho <st...@borho.org>

> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Peer
> Sommerlund<peer.sommerl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Steve
> > I have pushed a few changes to tortoisehg-installer that should make it
> > possible to build the mo files of tortoisehg.
> > I have not yet tested it with Inno Setup, but I wanted to push this a
> little
> > early, to allow others to work while I'm doing other things.
> > The next step is to make sure that the generated .mo files are read by
> inno
> > setup.
>
> I'm a bit confused about how it works now, probably because I'm not
> real sure how the gettext module works under the covers, but this
> looks counterintuitive.
>
> Instead of:
>
> locale/tortoisehg-LANG/hg.mo
>
> Can we do?
>
> locale/LANG/tortoisehg.mo
>
> Yes, that's the general idea. The former type is acctually intrusion into
the mercurial translation domain "hg", where the latter separate the THG
strings into a domain "tortoisehg" which has nothing to do with domain "hg"

See also http://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/crew/wiki/Translation which I have
recently updated.

I know that Mercurial stores its .po files, named LANG.po instead of
hg-LANG.po but the DOMAIN-LANG.po is how they exit Launchpad, and it
acctually fits nicely with how they are supposed to land in
locale/LANG/DOMAIN.mo

The GNU manual hints at LANG.po at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#Overview - but I
didn't see it as a requirement anywhere.

Regards,
Peer