(sorry, I didn't intend to reply off-list)

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 5:10 PM, emmanuel <goaway1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/28/10 18:13, Steve Borho wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 5:01 PM, emmanuel <goaway1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Gentoo there's a file owned by the mercurial package:
>>> /usr/share/doc/mercurial-1.4.2/mergetools.hgrc. Can the ini be simply
>>> installed by distutils? That's all I'm using on the tortoisehg ebuild.
>>>
>> Is that directory in the default rc path for mercurial?  if you run:
>> hg showconfig --debug, does it show [mergetools] entries from that
>> file?  I'm guessing not.
>
> You are correct. The file is an example expected to be copied to
> somewhere in /etc.

The mergetools configuration is pretty key to good hgtk usability.
People get really annoyed when merge and visual diff do not work as
expected, so I prefer it to be installed in a usable location.

Mercurial is hard-coded to look in /etc/mercurial and
/etc/mercurial/hgrc.d for config files.  I think we should take
advantage of that.

--
Steve Borho