Hello folks,

I've been hacking on thg-winbuild pretty heavily the last couple of
weeks.  The scripts now build against Python 2.6, GTK-2.18, and the
most recent PyGtk releases.  MinGW is not used at all anymore, all C
code is compiled with the VC9 compiler that comes with the gratis
Microsoft Windows SDK.

All nightly builds from today on will be built on this new framework.
Please report any problems that you find.

If you install a new nightly build and none of the dialogs work
anymore, you must install the VC9 redistributable package.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

The plan is to have a WIX installer for TortoiseHg before the March 1
release, and for it to resolve this redist issue in the "Microsoft
Approved' way.  I will probably not generate any nightly builds for
the stable branch.  The feature freeze for the next major release is
in 8 days at which point the default branch will be merged onto stable
and I start generating release candidates.

--
Steve Borho