On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Martin Geisler <m...@lazybytes.net> wrote:
> Martin Geisler <m...@lazybytes.net> writes:
>
>> Steve Borho <st...@borho.org> writes:
>>
>>> http://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/stable/wiki/upcoming-release-notes
>>>
>>> Please review and let me know if I left out something significant, or
>>> made any major mistakes.
>>
>> I just read through the notes and didn't spot any mistakes.
>>
>> But I would like to ask why the copyhash function has been removed? I
>> have been using it a lot and really liked it. Right-clicking and
>> choosing "Copy Hash" is not the same, IMHO.
>
> Oh, and the "Copy Hash" menu does not work as I would expect on my
> system, i.e., the hash is not pasted when I middle-click.
>
> I just recalled a conversation about this on IRC, something about there
> being two clipboards in X -- and indeed, when I do Ctrl+v in Iceweasel,
> then I see the hash. So TortoiseHg makes the hash the Clipboard
> selection when I expect it as the Primary selection.
>
> I see the copied hash as a temporary thing, especially when it was
> copied by simply selecting a changeset, and so the Primary selection
> seems like the right one?
>
> I found the explanation on Clipboard/Primary selections here:
>
>  http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html

Unfortunately, you may be the only one to miss this going away.  If
you would like to re-introduce the configurable as an undocumented
feature for the default branch, I would be happy to take a patch for
it.  It may be as easy as reversing the changeset that removed the
feature from history.py.

--
Steve Borho