I plan to downgrade GTK back to 2.16.6 for the 1.0.1 release, to
resolve the multitude of regressions that were spotted both before and
after the 1.0 release.

I was pleasantly surprised that I could rename my C:\GTK folder to
C:\GTK-2.18.7 and then uncompress 2.16.6 into C:\GTK and the WiX
scripts just worked.  Starting tomorrow, the nightly (actually morning
nowadays) builds will have 2.16.6 in them, and we can begin figuring
out which regressions were in GTK and which were in our code.

I'm also open to conditionally installing a theme for Windows 7, to
resolve the menu highlight issue.

Cheers.

--
Steve Borho