On 23-03-2010 14:42, Steve Borho wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 5:53 AM, Sune Foldager<sune.folda...@me.com>  wrote:
>> Any reason we don't call candle and light directly from the installer
>> builder instead of via cmd files? We might exercise more direct control
>> over the build process (making stuff optional and such) by being able to
>> feed the list of wxs's and add any -dVariables we might want to
>> condition the WIX stuff that way.
>
> No real reason, the batch files are just a relic of when the WiX
> scripts were initially developed.  I don't see any reason not to pull
> them into Python.

Ok, great. I just pushed a patch to eliminate the need for an SDK
prompt. This is done by calling the SDK script and sniffing its output
and building a modified environment locally.

The next step would be to change TortoiseHg's sdk_build_extensions.cnd
script (if we still want to use that) to check if an SDK environment is
already active and then not call setenv.cmd either :)

What do you think?

/Sune