On 30.03.2010 20:06, Steve Borho wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Yuki KODAMA <endflow....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> One of the reasons why this project's release procedures should be
>>> rethought.
>>>
>>> Who wants to wait 3 more months for this?

>>> Me wonders why we can't ship them in 1.0.1...
>>
>> Logically, it can be shipped in 1.0.1 because first minor release allows
>> some improvements.  In fact, I was introduced a small improvement:
>> http://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/stable/issue/1028/show-the-current-explorer-filter-more
>>
>> I also want to push this feature to stable, but I can't guarantee that there
>> is
>> no fatal issue in my code since we have no time to test it enough in this
>> case.

Right, but I would say a cooling time of one week would be enough for this.

The Mantra is: Release early, release often.

> I've no problem with transplanting it to stable after 1.0.1.  There's
> some precedence for this.

1.0.2 sounds good.

But I was just stressing on the "the stable branch is already unbearable
to work with". There is some truth in that sentence to ponder about...

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_early,_release_often