Yuki KODAMA <endflow....@gmail.com> writes:

>> You guys could consider using Transifex instead. That would give you
>> a better Mercurial-oriented workflow. People can edit the
>> translations directoy on Transifex and when they save them, Transifex
>> makes a commit directoy to a repository of your choice on Bitbucket.
>
> Yeah, Transifex is awesome, and I love it :-)
> So I already have (NOT AVAILABLE):
> https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/tortoisehg/c/stable/
>
> And translations for our website were maintained on here (AVAILABLE):
> https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/tortoisehg/c/web/
>
> I'm not sure it really can be used for our translation works at this
> time. Because some translators of TortoiseHg needs "Permission"
> feature which allows to limit the submission of translations. It's
> used to keep the quality of translations.
>
> I know Transifex has "Allows submissions" feature which determines the
> way to export translation results to specified repository. But it
> can't be used to configure per-language, AFAIK.

I'm certainly not an expert on Transifex, but I think it can: we have
some language teams for Mercurial itself:

  http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/mercurial/teams/

The members of each team can submit translations, which are fed directly
into Bitbucket. Members in the team can only make translations to their
own language.

But I haven't been following along closely at how you guys manage things
in TortoiseHg, so perhaps you need more control.

I would be happy to make teams for Mercurial that correspond to the
languages you have translatios for in TortoiseHg. That way a TortoiseHg
translator can easily go in an update the corresponding Mercurial
translations. I found that useful yesterday when I translated some
strings related to 'hg bundle' where I first looked at how Peer had
translated the terms in TortoiseHg.

--
Martin Geisler

Fast and powerful revision control: http://mercurial.selenic.com/