Hi List

I'm working on the pbranch support, and experimenting with some of the
suggested-but-yet-unspported commands for this extension. I do this by
executing several Mercurial commands mixed with file system operations.

This means that simply making a long list of commands and sending it to
cmdui.Runner is not workable - I need to be able to execute some code
between commands.

What would be the best way to address this?

Earlier I have tried calling the mercurial/pbranch functions directly. To
make sure there was output in the TortoiseHg log window I set up a custom
ui, but this feels very different from what all other TortoiseHg modules
does.

Right now I'm considering if I should set up an threading.Event to signal
completion of commands, and then block the main thread.

I could also set up another thread, just for this sequence of commands, and
let the main thread continue, but keeping repo busycount positive for the
whole period. I'm worried that releasing the main thread would allow
TortoiseHg to start other commands on the same repo.

Regards,
Peer