On 15-11-2011 02:51, Steve Borho wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Sune Foldager<sune.folda...@me.com>  wrote:
> For a minute there I thought you were re-implementing QGoto.
>
> There's a somewhat long story about this feature that is at this point
> probably uninteresting.  I see two down-sides with this patch:
>
> 1. CTRL+G is reserved by Qt for some platforms

Right, for find-next. Ok, what about CTRL+R? It doesn't seem to be used
for anything in Qt, at least according to
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/stable/qkeysequence.html

> 2. As soon as this feature exists, people are going to want a
> QCompleter with tags, branches, and bookmarks.

Yes but... Rome wasn't built in a day, right?... and what would be the
problem with implementing such a thing, either now or eventually? It's
just, it's, at least for our workflows, an insanely useful feature. I
realize you can search, tick off filter, and cancel search so you can
move around again, but it's quite complicated.

/Sune