On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Sune Foldager <cyan...@me.com> wrote:
> Another small thing, namely QNew/QRefresh in thg commit. In hgtk it was
> there, but in thg it's only there in the embedded version. Why is that?
> I managed to crudely hack it in like this:
>
> - add self.buttonHBox.addWidget(self.mqSetupButton()) to the bottom of
> __init__ in CommitWidget (this is normally done from the embedder).
>
> - make sure QRefresh is the default button for the non-embedded case
> (which requires remembering if we're embedded or not, and using that in
>  _getPreferredActionName).
>
> Haven't tested it much, but it seems to work. It seems so simple, in
> fact, that I'm sure there is a design decision behind this. It's not a
> showstopper, but a nice feature, IMO.
>
> Currently, when you have an MQ patch, thg commit still opens up, but you
> can't do anything in it (the Commit button is disabled). That's, at
> least, not optimal either.
>
> Again, I'll be happy to do the coding for any changes :)

Sounds like an oversight.

There is a standalone mq dialog one can use instead of the commit tool
for doing qref, qnew, etc.  But it seems that dialog was un-loved and
instead the MQ features got merged all over the place.

MQ is another area that is in need of some TLC.  I rarely use it, so I
don't run into all the issues that users report.  It's responsible for
about half our bug reports and enhancement requests.

--
Steve Borho