So I tried to figure out why rejecting a bundle is so slow. It triggers
a call to repowidget.reload which calls thgrepo.thginvalidate. This in
turn invalidates the dirstate among other things.

It's seems like a pretty drastic thing to do when setting and clearing
bundles. Especially since the repo object in both cases has JUST been
constructed like 1 second prior to being invalidated. Removing the
invalidation from these cases results in a noticeable speedup, but I
don't have the code overview to know what implications such a change
might have.

Addressing the problem from the opposite end, in which cases IS it
actually necessary to call thginvalidate from reload? reload is used for
setting and clearing revset filters as well, and a few other things.

-Sune