Hi Johan

I have copied this mail to the thg-dev-list.
All translators should be using this list, since there is no dedicated
translation list.

On 17 March 2012 16:36, Johan Samyn <johan.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peer,
>
> As mentioned in the mailinglist yesterday I started translating
> TortoiseHg into dutch.
>
> Therefore I downloaded a po file from LaunchPad. But inthere I also find
> strings for the old hgtk project. Or should I only use the po file that
> is in the sourcetree of TortoiseHg (i18n\tortoisehg\*.po) ? (It is my
> intention to only translate the new qt port.)

I haven't checked for strings only in hgtk, but I assume that they have
been removed.
The person that uploads the .pot would know which source files have been
used.

Does anybody on the list know who is generating the .pot file these days?

> And the obvious next question : should I upload my translations into
> LaunchPad (using the downloaded LaunchPad po file), or send them as a
> patch to the thg-dev mailing list (using the i18n/tortoisehg/nl.po) ?

The best way to contribute translations is described at
https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/thg/wiki/developers/Translation

> Johan

Regards,
Peer