Thank you, I can confirm that this avoid the assertion. I now get the error
message "Could not retrieve URL of the file".

However I thinkt that error message might cause confusion amont users as to
what the actual error is.

In my test case I have two revisions, one add and then one modification. It
is when I try to view the diff from the modification I end up in the above
code path.

If I try to show changes from the add (which obviously doesn't have a
change, but it should show the initial version of the file, I get the
following error message which is a bit better - at least it reports that
the server is unreachable. (Sorry about the Swedish in the last line, it
says No connection could be made because the target machine actively
refused it).

I still believe that many of the commands doesn't make much sense in
offline mode. Or is the idea that there could be a local cache also of the
old revisions?