On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 8:50:02 PM UTC+2 Pavel Lyalyakin wrote:

> Do I understand correctly that these options are enabled by default in all
> TortoiseSVN versions? Is there a rationale for enabling these options by
> default?

yes, these options are enabled by default. That's because this is the safe
option. When this option is disabled but the user connects to wrongly
configured/set-up repos then there will be crashes and completely wrong
logs being shown.
So the user can disable these options to get a little more performance, but
then the user is responsible to make sure that uuids and urls are not
ambiguous, or life with the consequences...

If it were the other way around, users would get crashes/wrong logs and not
know why, so they either would just think that TSVN is unstable/crap or
complain here about "the bug".

Stefan