Hi Jon and Daniel,

Sorry about the late response.

We are running TSVN with OpenIDC authenticating with Entra ID (Azure AD), not
through the Microsoft Azure Application Proxy though.

Server-side, we have Apache httpd as usual but we add the open-source
mod_openidc module (instead of basic auth). In addition, some rewrites and
other config that allows us to tunnel the session token in basic auth (which
TSVN supports).

We currently have an installed application that performs the OpenIDC
authentication and then inserts the session token in the svn auth cache as a
basic authentication. In order to achieve a cleaner implementation that can
also work with Microsoft Azure Application Proxy the session token must be sent
as a cookie.

We would be interested in contributing experience, specifications and server
setups if we can get the following stars aligned:
 - Financial / developer contributions
 - Subversion core committer interest
 - TSVN committer interest

We also need to reach consensus in primarily the Subversion project but there
is relatively limited amounts of changes that must happen there.
 - Sending cookie header with session token instead of basic auth.
 - Capture set-cookie response headers related to refresh of the session cookie.
 - "svn auth" support for storing session token, very similar to basic auth
(cookie name and the token).
 - maybe something related to handling redirect to ensure that TSVN can act on
that

When that is in place, I believe it would be possible to have a standalone
helper application that performs the authentication and stores it using the
"svn auth" subcommand (or equivalent). Alternatively add this support in TSVN
which would be the ideal UX.

Best regards,
Thomas Å.