Our company has this issue as well using a VPN. We have a dozen or so in
our particular group with confirmation of the issue, but I suspect many
more dozens or hundreds might have this problem (company is over 25K
Employees). In my case TortoiseSVN can often completely debilitate the
windows explorer, so much that even when I just installed Tortoise SVN the
open WinExplorer window froze. I have to completely uninstall TortoiseSVN
to be able to use my Windows Explorer.

We've tried version v1.9.7.0 and v1.7.15 all running on Win10 Enterprise.
Laptop specs are:

Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2176M  CPU @ 2.70GHz   2.71 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Please help! Can my company give some type of donation or purchase order
for customer support? I could investigate the options.

If anyone has fixed the issue, please let us know!

Regards,
Ian