måndag 10 oktober 2022 kl. 19:51:31 UTC+2 skrev samem...@gmail.com:

> Behavior mentioned below encountered using TrotoiseSvn x64 windows desktop
> version 1.14.3 and 1.14.5
>
> When deleting a non-empty directory in a local repo, and committing to
> remote repo, all the files within the deleted directory *are not marked
> as being deleted when viewed in the log window* for the committed
> revision.
>
> However the commit preview for the local changes prior to commiting to the
> remote repo *do *show each deleted file/folder within the top level
> deleted directory. This is the same for the incremental progress updates
> during a commit operation where it attempts to update the remote repo with
> the local changes item by item.
>
> At first I thought somehow the parent directory was being cleaned up
> without unlinking the child directories/files, but you are able to retrieve
> a list of the historical directory contents by right-clicking the deletion
> revision in the log window -> compare and blame with previous revision, so
> it seems the appropriate cleanup is being done, but when viewed naively
> from the log window revision details it does not immediately appear so.
>
> This can be further confusing when reverse merging the revision in
> question, and the top level directory is marked as being added to the
> tracked workspace (blue plus sign) while its contents are marked as if
> they're unmodified (green check mark) - I incorrectly took this as a sign
> that the directory contents were not being removed while the directory was,
> and it exacerbated an unrelated merge issue because I assumed there was
> some underlying corruption stemming from the revision that deleted the
> directory.
>
> I may be misremembering but it feels like older versions of tortoise svn
> used to display the contents as being removed along with their containing
> parent directory. I have commits that were created prior to updating to
> 1.14.3 which show the same behavior as mentioned above - parent directory
> deleted but does not itemize deletion of contents. I cannot verify my
> "hunch" in that older revisions did this, but figured I'd mention in case
> it helps.

I can't vouch for old versions, but I downgraded to 1.10.5 and it behaves
the same - only displays the deleted directory and not the contents.

FWIW, the command line client is displaying the same. In r1 I added a
directory and two files. In r2 I deleted them again.

[[[
D:\temp\wcdel>svn log -v
r2 | dsg | 2022-10-10 19:56:27 +0200 (mån, 10 okt 2022) | 1 line
Changed paths:
   D /dir

delete dir
r1 | dsg | 2022-10-10 19:55:59 +0200 (mån, 10 okt 2022) | 1 line
Changed paths:
   A /dir
   A /dir/bar
   A /dir/foo