Environment

I'm using Subversion(1.14.1) and Ubuntu(22.04.4 LTS) as the server,
TortoiseSVN(1.14.7) as the client.
Case

【Case1】
Yesterday, I have no user group on svn server. My passwd and authz files
are like:
[users]
User1=password1
User2=password2
User3=password3

[groups]
# empty

[/]
* = rw

At that time, I can log in svn from client by both Username=User1 and
Username=user1, which is case insensitive.

【Case2】
Today, I add some groups to svn server. My passwd and authz files are like:
[users]
User1=password1
User2=password2

[groups]
Group1 = User1,User2
Group2 = User3

[/]
@Group1 = rw
* =

Now, I can log in svn from client only by Username=User1. Username=user1
fails, which is case sensitive.
Question

This is very wired to me.
I changed no setting on Subversion, but Subversion changes its behavior on
case sensitive for username.
Besides, I don't know this problem is caused by the server or the client.

I have also asked this question on StackOverflow

My Question On StackOverflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78874507/username-case-sensitive-problem-of-subversionsvn>