Hi Chris,

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 1:00 PM, <tosdr.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 6:27:14 PM UTC+2, Michael Stemle wrote:
>>
>> I know that this is my first message to the group, but I've been watching
>> for a while and I would like to jump in and help.
>>

> Welcome then !
>

> I would like to help construct a proposal for a standardized scoring
>> system. This scoring system would focus not on independent clauses in the
>> document, but rather questions like: "can site X track you outside of your
>> own site? -20 points" or "does organization Y promise to disclose
>> government requests for information? +20 points." Something simple, which
>> when aggregated could output a score.
>>

> So far, the scoring systems works more or less like this with the need to
> understand the whole ToS of a service, which is complicated if you just
> want to submit a couple of data points. Also classes are given afterwards.
>
> My intake would be to have a % formula. Something along :
>
> * for all data points where the max points is 100 for every point
> * sum(collected point)/sum(max of all points possible) = %
> * with a scale like
>         >90 => A class
>         89 - 80 => B class
>         79 - 70 => C class
>         69 - 60 => D class
>         59 - 50 => E class
>         <49 => F class

Yes, that's basically what the script does that I mentioned -
https://github.com/tosdr/tosdr-build/blob/master/scripts/checkclasses.js
That script was retro-engineered to try to describe what algorithm we
seemed to be using in practice. :)

Let's chat about it in tonight's meeting - we can post the meeting notes
here and then continue to discuss from there, on this mailing list.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tosdr/CA%2BaD3u0Dd8S945B%3DUPb%2BmR1GsUOVCpAFtP2Gb2OWsLG8hPmqUA%40mail.gmail.com.