Being that I'm still having this issue on Ubuntu 15.10, I can only
conclude that this appears to be a design philosophy at Canonical rather
than a bug.  Logical volumes that are not necessary for system boot
and/or are not on the primary disk where the OS is installed are not
made available / mounted on (re)boot!

It is much better that the system comes up rather than waiting for a
user input at (re)boot.

Case closed, at least for me!

ak.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lvm2 in Ubuntu.

  LVM filesystems not mounted at boot

Status in lvm2 package in Ubuntu:

  My system has a root filesystem in an LVM logical volume, backed up by
  two MD RAID-1 arrays.  It fails to boot propertly after upgrading to
  kubuntu gutsy gibbon prerelease (latest packages as of today).  In
  order to boot it, I have to specify the break=mount boot option, then
  subsequently run

  lvm vgscan
  lvm vgchange -a y

  to manually enable the LVM volumes.  I should note that the MD arrays
  are started successfully.