It is fixed in Wily and Xenial.

** Changed in: nano (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to nano in Ubuntu.

  keybindings do not work when opening multiple files

Status in nano package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  I think I have found a bug. At least weird behaviour.

  I set my ~/.nanorc to "unbind ^J  main" because I
  find it very annoying when it mangles my text when I
  accidentally press Ctrl+Enter.

  This setup works well for me when I use nano to open

  one file, i.e. "nano foo.tex". However, when I open two files,
  i.e. "nano foo.tex bar.tex", it works for the first file only.
  That is, when I quit the first instance with Ctrl+X and when nano

  has loaded the second file, my nanorc does not seem to be

  respected anymore. I can press Ctrl+Enter and it mangles my text.
  I hope you find this useful and are able to reproduce this issue.

  nano --version

   GNU nano version 2.2.6 (compiled 14:12:08, Oct  1 2012)

   (C) 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007,

   2008, 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

   E-mail: n...@nano-editor.org   Web: http://www.nano-editor.org/

   Compiled options: --disable-wrapping-as-root --enable-color --enable-extra
--en
  able-multibuffer --enable-nanorc --enable-utf8

  Package: nano 2.2.6-1ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.14.0-031400rc4-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.2
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sat May 17 12:21:54 2014
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-GNOME 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131017)
  MarkForUpload: True
  SourcePackage: nano
  modified.conffile..etc.nanorc: [modified]
  mtime.conffile..etc.nanorc: 2014-02-26T11:29:03.194042