Why is this still "incomplete"?  What more needs to be added?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  package identification is awful

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:

  Recently I reported a bug against the kernel - apport made this very
  difficult.

  The instructions at <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/FindRightPackage>
  clearly state that the correct thing to do is to report kernel bugs
  against the package "linux".  That does not work.

  "ubuntu-bug linux" reports that linux is not installed!

  After some head-scratching I tried "ubuntu-bug linux-image", that also
  failed.  It did finally work with "ubuntu-bug linux-image-generic",
  but that is not an obvious choice *and it is contrary to the
  instructions*.  The obvious choice was "ubuntu-bug kernel" (which I
  tried first) that also failed.

  So, I tried to report a bug against ubuntu-bug with "ubuntu-bug
  ubuntu-bug", not installed!  According to the web site
  <https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+search> ubuntu-bug does not belong to
  any package!  OK it is a link.  Try again with the real binary name;
  apport-bug is not installed either!

  If you want feedback from ordinary users, bugs in the bug reporting
  system are serious.

  When apport is given a name that is not a package name it could follow a few
simple steps to at lest provide hints to user;
  "ls -l $(which ubuntu-bug)" shows that it is a link,
  "ls -l --dereference $(which ubuntu-bug)" shows what it links to, and
  "dpkg-query --search $(ls  --dereference $(which ubuntu-bug))" even reports
"apport: /usr/bin/ubuntu-bug".
  That would be a useful clue to most users.  Note, "dpkg-query --search
ubuntu-bug" is less useful.

  As for kernel bugs, it should at least behave as documented.  Please
  add an extra line of code so that as a special case both "ubuntu-bug
  linux" and "ubuntu-bug kernel" work.

  There have been many times that apport has stated that a bug could not
  be reported and I had believed that it was because there were non-
  standard packages installed, now I am not so sure.

  TIA

  Package: apport 2.19.4-0ubuntu2
  ApportVersion: 2.19.4-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE
  Date: Sun Feb 28 13:06:32 2016
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Alpha amd64 (20160202)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: apport