For my understanding, what exactly do you think is the bug here?

  [Phone] darkening rectangle when going to spread always fullscreen-
  sized

Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  On the phone, when doing a right swipe, we can see that there's a
  indicator-sized black area above the app, with animated opacity. It is
  clearly visible when there's no other applications running than the
  Dash.