I can confirm it but also I can confirm it seems identical on OTA-9.
This is useful to know because a month ago we landed a big network
related landing consisting of fixes to bug #1470700 bug #1506015 bug
#1507769 bug #1528886 etc. So at least it's not a regression.

Looking with the
https://bugs.launchpad.net/savilerow/+bug/1357321/comments/99 tool, it
seems to continue working with HTTP GET when there's a configuration
change (and the configuration change seems to happen correctly with a
0.5s of Network session error when switching).

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtbase-opensource-src in

  Some apps require a restart after switching to/from Wifi/Cellular to
  reconnect to the network

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in qtbase-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:

  Some apps require a restart after switching to/from Wifi/Cellular to
  reconnect to the network

  What happened:
  1) Ensure wifi is connected
  2) Start Dekko
  3) Refresh the inbox (notice the bouncing/loading bar stops eventually)
  4) Disable wifi so you are on cellular
  5) Refresh the inbox (notice the bouncing/loading bar stays continuously)

  Note
  - if after step 5 you restart the app it is fine
  - this only occurs on certain apps, specifically Dekko and Telegram are the
ones that i've noticed so far. (Both of which i assume try to have a long
running open network connection?)

  What I expected to happen:
  At step 5) for the connection to automatically change to using Cellular and
not require an app restart

  $ system-image-cli -i
  current build number: 258
  device name: mako
  channel: ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en
  last update: 2016-03-10 15:48:08
  version version: 258
  version ubuntu: 20160310
  version device: 20160304.2