The issue with subsequent downloads stuck at 0% is probably a different
one, and should be investigated separately. Can you reproduce it if you
simply remove the symlink (so that the Downloads folder is an actual
folder in your home directory)? If so, please file a separate bug report
at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webbrowser-app/+filebug.

Otherwise, this confirms my initial suspicion that apparmor prevents
transparently following symlinks. Not really sure what can/should be
done about this. Jamie, do you have suggestions? Is this a use case we
can support with the current state of things?

** Changed in: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- download to symlink
+ Downloads fail if Downloads folder is a symlink to SD card

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  Downloads fail if Downloads folder is a symlink to SD card

Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  Hi.
  My home folders (Documents, Downloads, Pictures and Videos) are symlinks from
a folders with the same name from SD-Card in order to save internal storage.
  I made those symlinks with "ln -s  -r" through a terminal.

  When I try to download a file, directly or just selecting option "open with"
it fails.
  If I try to download, for example a PDF file and try to open with document
viewer, document viewer will say: the files doesn't exists.
  If I try to download the file directly it will complete the downlad but the
result will be the same.

  In the log I can find that:
  Failed moving file from
"/home/phablet/.local/share/ubuntu-download-manager/webbrowser-app/Downloads/example.pdf"
 to "/home/phablet/Downloads/example.pdf

  http://paste.ubuntu.com/14848556/

  Bq E4.5 ubuntu edition.