This should have been a warning for one release before making it a
blocking issue.  I know Ubuntu hates Google and doesn't want us to
install Chrome, but many of us need it.  Telling us what we are allowed
or not allowed to install is something Microsoft would do.  These are
our computers.  Please allow us to install software that we need.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  message "The repository is insufficiently signed by key  (weak
  digest)" is poorly worded

Status in APT:
  New
Status in apt package in Ubuntu: