I'm afraid that my analysis above was a bit off. I've attached a branch
which fixes the issue above (as well as another minor issue when
creating the account from the System Settings, where the view would not
return back to the account list), and I strongly recommend to land that,
sooner or later.

However, that does not fix the app installation issue: even with my
suggested fix, sometimes the app installation does not proceed, and we
eventually get an empty scope page. Unfortunately, every time I try to
debug the scope the installation is succeeding, but I'll keep trying...

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntuone-credentials in

  App is not installed after credentials are introduced

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in ubuntuone-credentials package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity-scope-click package in Ubuntu:

  Test case.
  - Remove your Ubuntu One account
  - Go to App Store and select an app to install (e.g. Terminal)
  - Introduce your credentials

  Expected result.
  - App is intalled.

  Actual result.