** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Unable to switch between users, system hangs on logout

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  Using Ubuntu 13.10, Unity, lightdm, nVidia drivers.

  I added a second user account, after the first time switching between users,
user switching just stopped working.
  If I use the menu and just select another user, most often nothing at all
happens.
  If the screen is locked and I push the switch user button, it looks like it
tries to go back to the login screen, but ends up coming back to the lock
screen.
  For a while I could log out of one user, then log in as another but now that
isn't working either. Selecting logout from the menu will bring up the little
logout or shutdown thing, then after I select logout nothing seems to happen.
If I open a terminal and type gnome-session-quit it says something about how
its not in a running state.

  I currently have to restart the computer to switch users, which is
  really frustrating.

  27 Feb 2014:
  It gets stranger. I got stuck at the lock screen again and selected switch
user, with no result. I tried to use Alt-Ctrl-F1 to go to a different terminal,
and I got screen corruption at the top with a kindof mangled blinking curser,
but if I typed it andded mangled text-mode text at the top, but it also still
showed in the lock screen password text box. If I entered my password it
unlocked back to my session.

  None of dmesg, Xorg.0.log, or lightdm.log seem to show any errors, but I'll
upload lightdm.log.
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.2
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  MarkForUpload: True
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Package: lightdm 1.8.4-0ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-17.31-generic 3.11.10.3
  Tags: saucy third-party-packages
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo vboxusers