I've attached a branch I worked on for dynamic grid unit support. This
rewrites the icon image loader to follow the exact behaviour of qt's
image loader, and solved my icon sizing/blur issue. It needs tests
though

** Branch linked: lp:~gerboland/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/staging-fix-icon-svg-
image-loading

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-ui-toolkit in

  Icon creates binding loop on implicitWidth and implicitHeight when
  used with QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO

Status in ubuntu-ui-toolkit package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu UI Toolkit r1905

  Using Icon without specifying an explicit size causes binding loops on
implicitWidth (and also implicitHeight)

  How to reproduce:

  test case: QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO=2 qmlscene main.qml

  where main.qml is:

  import QtQuick 2.4
  import Ubuntu.Components 1.3

  MainView {