Public bug reported:

After locking my screen and logging in again my mouse is invisible.

Workaround:
After switching to another Temrinal (CTRL + Alt + F1) and back to F7 the mouse
is visible again.

Release:        16.04

** Affects: ubuntu

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  Xubuntu: Mouse Cursor invisible after logging in after display lock

Status in Ubuntu: