This bug seems to have been closed WONTFIX as it affects older,
unsupported Ubuntu versions. However, I have encountered this bug on an
upgrade from 15.10 to 16.04, and other dupes of the bug show that other
users are encountering the bug on newer Ubuntu versions as well.

Please reopen. Thank you.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to sysvinit in Ubuntu.

  wrong conffile prompt for /etc/default/rcS when UTC=no

Status in clock-setup package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in sysvinit package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in ubiquity package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in clock-setup source package in Saucy:
  Won't Fix
Status in sysvinit source package in Saucy:
  Won't Fix
Status in ubiquity source package in Saucy:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Because we're not following Debian on the use of /etc/adjtime for UTC
  settings and instead keeping it in /etc/default/rcS, users who have
  the non-default setting of UTC=no will get inappropriate conffile
  prompts on upgrade to saucy.

  We need to deal with this by either reverting /etc/default/rcS's
  conffile status, or moving this UTC setting out of /etc/default/rcS